Exotic Pet Services
EXOTIC PET SERVICES
We are recognized as one of the top veterinary hospitals in the region for exotic pet veterinary services. Species include birds, small mammals, reptiles, amphibians and fish. We receive numerous case referrals from other veterinary hospitals from all over the Tri-State region. We are very active in the Association of Avian Veterinarians, the Association of Reptile and Amphibian Veterinarians and the Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians. Through a variety of continuing education sources and professional networking with other exotic pet veterinarians, we are able to offer our clients the most current diagnostics and treatment options available for exotic pets
EXOTIC PET MEDICAL SERVICES
Exotic Pet Wellness Healthcare Programs
We offer optimum wellness care programs for most exotic pet species. In order to survive attacks from their predators, exotic animals instinctively conceal their illnesses. As a result, medical problems often go unnoticed. By the time the owner recognizes that there is a problem with his or her exotic pet, the condition is often serious. With bi-annual veterinary medical examinations, problems are often determined before becoming a serious medical conditions. We strongly recommend bi-annual physical examinations to check for health abnormalities and annual monitoring to check for nutritional and husbandry-related conditions.
Exotic Pet Post-Purchase Examinations
Welcome your new exotic pet into your life with a post-purchase exam. Before bringing your pet into your home, you want to make sure that he / she is healthy. Post-purchase examinations are very important to make sure you are providing the proper husbandry and nutrition for your new pet.
- complete physical examination,
- husbandry and nutritional consultation,
- Disease screening and laboratory testing.
Exotic Pet Medical Treatment & Care
We offer the most current diagnostics and treatments available for exotic pets when they become ill. Additionally, if your pet needs intensive care or hospitalization, you want to be sure that your veterinary hospital is specifically equipped to care for exotic species. Our specialized exotic pet hospitalization cages provide temperature control, oxygen delivery and nebulization of medications which is critical to assure that your exotic pet will be hospitalized under the optimum conditions.
At All Creatures Veterinary Care Center, we have the equipment, training, and know-how necessary to treat your exotic pet.
Small Mammal Dental Services
Rabbits and many other small mammals are particularly prone to dental problems. We offer complete dentistry services for the many problems that can occur.
- radiographic interpretation and grading of dental disease
- congenital abnormal incisor removal
- Pre-molar / molar leveling
- antibiotic bead dental abscess treatment
Exotic Pet Surgical Services
We perform routine and major soft-tissue and orthopedic surgery for exotic pets. Surgical support utilizes specialized exotic pet surgical and anesthetic monitoring equipment, ventilators, EKG & blood-pressure monitoring devices, microsurgical instruments, low volume IV fluid delivery systems, high-tech magnification systems and heated surgical blankets.
- Small mammal spays and neuters
- Reptile ovariectomy & salpingectomy
- Avian salpingectomy
- Small mammal advanced abscess surgery.
- ferret adrenalectomy
- ferret partial pancreatectomy
- numerous orthopedic procedures
- fish surgery
- endoscopic surgery and procedures
Exotic Pet Diagnostic Services
We utilize our in-house laboratory and partnered specialized exotic pet laboratories to diagnose many ailments and conditions affecting exotic pets.
Our in house laboratory equipment is geared to very small blood sample sizes enabling us to run blood tests on the smallest patients. The specialized outside exotic pet reference laboratories are invaluable in helping us determine what could be wrong with your exotic pet.
Radiographs are useful in evaluating a number of areas of your exotic pet’s body, including bones, respiratory and cardiac system, abdominal cavity, etc. We are equipped with the most sophisticated digital radiography equipment available, which enables our hospital to take high-quality, digital X-rays of your exotic pet in under a minute regardless of size.
Digital imaging also allows for image manipulation, which enables us to focus on specific areas do precise calculations if needed.
The advantage to digital radiology is that the
- time spent taking your pets’ radiographs is significantly shorter
- Fewer radiographs need to be taken to achieve a perfect result.
- Less stress for your pet!
- radiographs can be immediately e-mailed to a veterinary radiology specialist if warranted,
Ultrasound a non-invasive imaging procedure that can be used with or without radiographs to better visualize internal organs of your exotic pet. This painless diagnostic technique is normally done without sedation of your pet and can be used to diagnose many conditions.
- heart disease especially in rabbits and birds
- ferret adrenal gland disease
- cystic ovaries in guinea pigs
- egg binding in birds and reptiles
- kidney and liver disease
- various cancers
- bladder and kidney stones
- and many more
Endoscopy is a valuable tool that enables the veterinarian to perform non-invasive or minimally invasive procedures. We use rigid endoscopes for exotic patients that allow us to undertake a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Esophagus & stomach endoscopic visualization and biopsies
- abdominal and chest cavity exploration
- airway evaluation in birds and reptiles
- Foreign bodies retrieval
Digital Thermal Imaging
Digital Thermal Imaging is a new diagnostic tool that can be a crucial and valuable “on the spot” visual tool in helping diagnose inflammation or lack of circulation and its exact location in the animals body.
The Benefits of Digital Thermal Imaging in Veterinary Medicine
- A visual physiological map of the area being examined.
- Provides a precise area for examination and a visual of inflammation or lack of circulation. Eliminating the guesswork.
- Mapping of the thermal gradients through thermography has the ability to visually illustrate neural irritation or dysfunction.
- Quick, easy, inexpensive and can lead to quicker diagnoses.